KNOW YOUR VULNERABILITY WITH CERTAINTY
Lexcom Consultants provides our customers with a full spectrum of lightning protection risk assessment capabilities. We perform risk evaluations for assets ranging from small commercial facilities to critical military and aerospace infrastructure.
WHY ARE RISK ASSESSMENTS IMPORTANT FOR YOU?
- Incorporate appropriate lightning protection, shielding, bonding and grounding during the design phase of new construction
- Accurately evaluate the effectiveness of existing lightning protection systems
- Evaluate risk to personnel in locations where they might be exposed to thunderstorm conditions and design an effective lightning-safety plan for impacted personnel while maximising productivity
- Determine the probability at which high-valued assets will be exposed to direct lightning strikes
- This animation allows our consultants at Lexcom Consultants to understand where areas of the building may be subject to lightning risk. It can help designers to accurately place air terminals or detection devices on a building to best protect them.
SIMPLIFIED RISK ASSESSMENT – NFPA 780 – 2017
This assessment fills the requirements of many jurisdictions for evaluating the need for a lightning protection system on a particular structure.
Lexcom Consultants has developed proprietary software that quickly performs the risk assessment calculations required in compliance with NFPA 780 (Simplifed Risk Assessment Tool). Input criteria include building dimensions, expected occupancy, construction material, location, etc.
DETAILED RISK ASSESSMENT – NFPA 780 – 2017
Lexcom Consultants engineers perform the calculations required in the NFPA’s detailed risk assessment for structures where a higher level of risk analysis is required.
The detailed risk assessment accounts for factors including all incoming and outgoing utilities to a given structure, coordinated installation of surge protective devices (SPD), cable shielding and bonding, and the facility grounding topology, among others.
LIGHTNING RISK ASSESSMENT – IEC-62305-2
Lexcom Consultants engineers perform the calculations detailed in the IEC’s risk assessment procedure to evaluate the lightning risk to structures and personnel.
MONTE CARLO 3D RISK ASSESSMENT
Lexcom Consultants has developed proprietary 3D analysis software to quantify the probability of direct lightning strikes, along with the peak current distribution of those strikes, to every portion of your facility.
This software, which exceeds the requirements of all accepted standards, provides customers with valuable data that cannot be obtained through traditional risk assessments. Lexcom Consultants utilises this revolutionary software package to highlight lightning vulnerabilities at your facility that may not have otherwise been identified.